Happy Thursday, friends!
One of the things we would love to be for you is a resource so, in that spirit, we are sharing our eight favorite Bible studies with you today. Both of us have been involved in women’s Bible studies for 10+ years and have had the privilege of completing several phenomenal study books. There are things we have loved about all of them, but we have narrowed it down to our favorites for this post. We hope you find something that you might like and that will encourage you on your faith journey as well.
These are in no particular order – we love them all!
- James: Mercy Triumphs, by Beth Moore: If you are looking for a Bible study that is both a practical and a spiritual wake up call, this is it! We loved this study because, quite frankly, there is no beating around the bush with the book of James (or Beth, for that matter!). It packs a punch and encourages self-examination and a re-focusing on Jesus.
- The Creative Call: An Artist’s Response to the Way of the Spirit, by Janice Elsheimer: This study will push you to use your creative giftings and teach you to rely on the Holy Spirit for inspiration. Even if you do not consider yourself to be creative, this will help you discover what your creative outlet could be! Highly recommended!
- Hebrews, by Lisa Harper: Hebrews is one of those books that, having read frequently, had so much in it that remained a mystery. Lisa masterfully unlocks the scriptures in this study. She is funny, engaging, and so clearly knowledgeable about the Word.
- Ruth: Loss, Love, and Legacy, by Kelly Minter: This study on Ruth is rich with wisdom and Biblical insight. Studying the Old Testament has been enriching to our faith and helps to tie together the big picture of the Bible – God’s redemption plan.
- Esther, by Beth Moore: Another Old Testament study! The wisdom and truths gleaned from this study have stuck with us over the years. There are several nuggets of truth that were gleaned from this that we still remind ourselves of from time to time. This one is not to be missed!
- SheReadsTruth Online Studies: There are seasons of life where doing a Bible study with weekly videos becomes difficult at best (new babies, job transitions, etc!). If you are looking for a way to remain in the Word and receive solid Biblical teaching, we recommend SheReadsTruth. Through their website, you can access both the current study and past ones, and each day’s reading is posted in the wee hours of the morning, perfect for reading when you first wake up (or if you’re feeding a new baby at 2am!). They also have beautiful study books that you can order!
- Breaking Free, by Beth Moore: If you are looking to be free from sin, bondage, or lies, get your hands on this study ASAP! It is intense, but so, so worth it.
- Jonah: Navigating a Life Interrupted Member Book, by Priscilla Shirer: There is just something about studying an Old Testament book in depth that is enriching to our understanding of the Gospel. This one is no exception. Priscilla Shirer is an incredible teacher with a joy and love for Jesus that is infectious. You will love this one!
We will be doing the Living Beyond Yourself study by Beth Moore this summer and cannot wait to add that one to this list!
Do you have a favorite Bible Study? We would love to hear about it in the comments!
*This post contains affiliate links. Please see our full affiliate disclosure on our Contact page.