Hi friends! Can you believe that it’s already NOVEMBER?? I’m still trying to wrap my mind around that as the past few months have flown by! I know that I’ve been a little less active on the blog as of late, but there’s a good reason for that! I recently began working part-time again, which has been a huge blessing in so many ways. As I have settled into this new role, I’ve had to figure out a new schedule and I am still trying to find time for writing (which honestly is self-care for me, so it’s on my list of very important things)! I’m hoping to get back into the swing of things soon!
If you’re online in any capacity this month, you’ll notice a multitude of posts centered around giving thanks and gratitude challenges. I LOVE these because the Bible is clear that God’s will is for us to “give thanks in all circumstances” (1 Thessalonians 5:18). Of course, this isn’t easy at times, which is why it’s important to be intentional in this area of life.
Rather than add a challenge to the mix, I thought it would be fun to round up a list of the many wonderful Gratitude Challenges that are already out there! I hope you find something that is a fit for you in whatever season of life you find yourself in this November. My prayer is that, as we focus on thanking God this month, we become less and He becomes more (John 30:3). Love to you, friends!
- Five Day Gratitude Challenge from SelfCareBestie.com: I may be biased because Cathleen is my IRL bestie, but her challenges never disappoint! And I can promise you she is the real deal. She sincerely practices what she preaches!
- With Thanks November Bible Reading Plan by Rachel Wojo: This plan has three options, which makes it perfectly customizable for your schedule! You can follow along with the daily Scripture reading, purchase the companion journal for the plan, and even join a Facebook group for support throughout the month! Rachel is one of my favorite people to follow on Insta because of the way she speaks bold truths over the lies of the enemy.
- Psalms of Gratitude from She Reads Truth: Okay, so not a challenge exactly, but you cannot go wrong with She Reads Truth. This 13-day plan takes you through Psalms that express gratitude to God. The plan is available for free online, and you can also purchase the companion study book.
- The Gratitude Challenge for Christian Women from Woman of Noble Character: This seven-day plan will provide you with Scripture, mini-challenges, and even free printables!
- 1 Week of Gratitude: A Thanksgiving Challenge from Crosswalk: This one-week challenge is designed for the days leading up to Thanksgiving. It’s easy and will not take much time to complete, yet it packs a punch! I also love how she explains the way that our brain tends toward negativity, and why practicing gratitude is important.
- Gratitude Printable from Holley Gerth: If you’ve followed me at all on Insta lately, you know I’ve been obsessed with the book You’re Going to Be Okay, by Holley Gerth. Her blog has a free gratitude printable! It’s not exactly a challenge, but you could make it one! Print off thirty of these and make yourself a gratitude journal!
- #LetterForTheLord by Krystal Whitten: Krystal hosts a #LetterForTheLord monthly challenge and for November it is all about praise and thanksgiving! You do NOT have to be into hand lettering to complete this challenge! At it’s core it is about being in the Word and retaining it through writing it down.
- The Thanksgiving Jar from They Call Me Blessed: This fun and creative idea from They Call Me Blessed is one that the whole family can participate in! Print out the prompts and get started! As a bonus, there are two full-page printables included as well that can be used as wall hangings!
- November HomeLife Family Calendar from LifeWay: This month’s family calendar from LifeWay and HomeLife is all about thankfulness! Each day provides a Scripture reading and discussion question for your family.
- 7 Day Challenge Guaranteed to Make You Smile by Jennifer Dukes Lee: My favorite thing about this challenge (other than the beautifully honest blog post that goes with it) is that Jennifer encourages readers to invite a friend to complete the challenge with them. You could do this as a family or with a bestie. We are made for community!
- Four Part Thanksgiving Series from A Bounding Soul: This four part series during the month of November will challenge you to look at places of your heart that may be holding you back from gratitude. I love how it’s rooted in Scripture! Definitely check this one out!
Are you going to try any of these? Drop us a note to let us know how it impacts you! I’m praying for you, friends!